GéNIA is delighted to announce the launch of Piano-Yoga® Club Online! Described as ‘Something radical’ and ‘The first entirely new technique to emerge in the last 50 years’ by Yoga & Health Magazine, the Club will give an opportunity to learn in-depth about the Piano-Yoga® method and get advice directly from its creator, ‘an outstanding musician’ (The Times), concert pianist and composer, GéNIA. Taking place in a virtual environment, the Club will run every Friday in March and April 2020, starting at 6.30 pm – 7.45 pm.
The activity of the Club will involve practical exercises for pianists and a short presentation from GéNIA (please see schedule below), followed by a Q & A session. Participants will be able to discover specific details about piano technique, learn strategies for efficient practice, get tips on dealing with stage fright and how to keep relaxed during their practice, amongst other things.
Piano-Yoga® believes that, with a simple and holistic approach, which takes into account an individual’s physical, psychological and energetic state, one can learn faster and more easily. Stongly emphasizing the uniqueness of each human being, Piano-Yoga® teaches musicians how to learn to play the piano utilizing their strengths, while gently working on improving their weaknesses. Whether one has tight shoulders, tension in their arms, rhythm problems, performance nerves or the inability to organize piano practice efficiently, Piano-Yoga® can offer various solutions and teach musicians how to be in charge of their own progress.
Piano-Yoga® also pays great attention to the musician’s environment, which can be a lonely existence, especially in the current times. The Piano-Yoga® Club Online will attract like-minded people and become a great place for interactive, creative and noncompetitive music making.
27 March 2020: Why we believe in the efficiency of the Piano-Yoga® method
3 April 2020: Why relaxation is so important and so good for you
9 April 2020 (Thursday!): How to make adrenaline your best friend!
17 April 2020: Transforming concentration in 5 easy steps
24 April 2020: A simple formula for efficient practice.
Who will best benefit from the Club?
Intermediate and advanced pianists, professional musicians and teachers.
Due to the online nature of the event here is what you need to do to participate:
1. Download the app ZOOM which works on iPhone, iPad and Desktop:
2. Make a free ZOOM account online. Before the event is due to start you will be sent a link to your email – you just have to copy that link when you login to you ZOOM account and I will be there waiting to greet you. It’s nice and simple.
3. Participants are welcome to ask as many questions as time allows, be prepared to take shoes off for a full Piano-Yoga® experience and are welcome to play either the whole or part of a composition on the day (maximum 5 minutes). Participants should state their wish to play at the beginning of the event and GéNIA will do her best to schedule you in, although do to the amound of requests which can be received, this may not always be possible.
4. If you are using the computer, you can put a pile of books on top your chair and put the chair next to the piano so the keyboard and yourself are visible within the camera view.
5. If you are using your phone, the best thing to get is a Selfie Stick
You need to know the model of your phone and easily find the right stick on Amazon.
Once we choose the pieces for you to work, we can arrange for me to have a copy of the score and I will use it for making during the lesson and take a picture after each session as JPEG and send it to you.
Date: Every Firday evening of March and April starting 27 March 2020 Online Platform: Zoom
Fees: £5 ticket per one visit to the club
If you find that your connection is unsatisfactory we will give you a full refund. Please report this in the first 10 minutes of the event.
Bookings: via Eventbrite. You will be emailed the link to the event with the password.
Enquiries: t:+44 (0)20 7226 9829 | e: email@example.com
Further Information: www.piano-yoga.com